This Pumpkin Cheesecake has the perfect combination of pumpkin pie and cheesecake - two favourites in one dessert! This is a perfect sweet ending for Thanksgiving dinner!
Making a cheesecake can be daunting for some people, and I know because I used to be one! This recipe is virtually fool proof though. Let me show you how easy it is to make it.
So, how do I make a cheesecake?
You start off making the graham cracker crust. This is your typical one made out of graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
The cheesecake filling is next. To the regular cheesecake ingredients, we are adding pumpkin puree and some fall spices – cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
The cheesecake is baked in a water bath which helps the cake from developing cracks. I find that this step is most necessary in getting the best bake as possible, so don’t skip it! I cover the outside of my springform pan with aluminum foil and wrap a crock pot liner around the whole pan to double ensure water does not get in.
After the cheesecake has cooled, top with Cajeta sauce, whipped cream, and pecan pieces. The final cheesecake melts in your mouth and has all the wonderful tastes of pumpkin that is accentuated by the spices.
If you liked this Pumpkin Cheesecake with Cajeta Sauce recipe, then you might also like these:
- 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 10 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 litre goat's milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- Chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine the crust ingredients and press into bottom and sides of pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then allow pan to cool at room temperature.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Line the outside of springform pan with aluminum foil and tie crock pot liner around pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and flour together until combined.
- Add pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla extract and spices and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until after each addition.
- Pour mixture into crust. Place springform inside a larger pan. Fill the larger pan with warm water to go about halfway up the side of the springform pan. Do not fill past the aluminum foil or water will get into the cheesecake.
- Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
- Open oven door slightly and leave cheesecake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- In a large pot, stir together milk, sugar, cinnamon stick, salt, and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Lower heat and simmer mixture to a gentle simmer. Stir every 10 minutes for about 1.5 hours, until it turns a light golden brown colour. Remove cinnamon stick and stir occasionally until mixture has thickened and coasts the back of the spoon.
- Allow mixture to cool and store in airtight container. This will keep for 1 week refrigerated.
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks; chill until ready to use.
- Remove cheesecake from the refrigerator. Remove cheesecake from springform pan and place on serving tray.
- Pour Cajeta over cheesecake and scatter pecans over cake.
- Decorate with whipped cream.
- Chill cheesecake until ready to serve. Leftovers will keep for 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 625Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 471mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 10g
All nutritional information provided on ninakneadstobake.com are intended for informational purposes only.
Recipe adapted by Life, Love and Sugar