Looking for a simple egg salad sandwich recipe? This one is it! This recipe is quick, easy and makes the best egg salad sandwich!
This is one of my favourite recipes for a quick, tasty meal. I often make it for an easy dinner when I don't want a huge meal. The filling does not take very much time at all to make and can easily be made the day ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator.
I love that this is a classic recipe that is very versatile. Serve it on toasted rustic bread, in a pita, or in tiny tomatoes for an appetizer. How do I like my egg salad? Between two pieces of whole wheat bread.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 8 slices bread
- Mash eggs with a potato masher in a medium bowl. Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper, celery and onion. Mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate to blend flavours and to cool filling, about 1 hour.
- Serve between 2 slices of bread. Leftovers can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Recipe from Incredible Egg