Skip the coffeehouse and make your own Pumpkin Spice Latte in your kitchen! This is so easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time for whenever you get a craving.
I love a nice, warm, fall beverage, and the pumpkin spice latte is one of my favourites. It has just a small amount of coffee flavour and a ton of pumpkin pie spice flavours. This latte has real pumpkin puree in it too!
With this recipe, you will be able to create your own pumpkin spice latte at home. There is no need to drive to the coffee house and wait in a long lineup for an overpriced coffee.
And you can make this ahead of time, and warm it up whenever you need to. Have I got you convinced?
What ingredients are in a pumpkin spice latte?
- Pumpkin puree - get the plain pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie filling. We are adding in our own sugar and spices
- Brown sugar - I like brown sugar better for this recipe because brown sugar has molasses in it, and that goes so well with this latte
- Milk - I use homogenized milk for best flavour. To lighten this up, you can use 2%, 1%, or even soy milk. Use whatever works for you 🙂
- Coffee - I used instant coffee. Use any coffee you prefer or even espresso
- Pumpkin pie spice - I have a recipe for this, or use a store bought pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract - for flavour
- Whipping cream & confectioner's sugar - top your latte with sweetened whipped cream.
How do I make a pumpkin spice latte?
Start by adding the pumpkin puree, sugar and some pumpkin pie spice to a medium saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat until it is warmed through. Add in the coffee, milk and vanilla extract, and stir until it is hot, but not boiling.
Make the whipped cream by whisking together the whipping cream and confectioner's sugar. Whip it until stiff peaks form.
Pour the latte into mugs, top with the whipped cream and sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on top.
Here are some more fall recipes:
- PUMPKIN CAKE
- PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE WITH CAJETA SAUCE
- SPICED PANCAKES FOR BABY & TODDLER
- BEST EVER CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 2 cups homogenized milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar
- Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the mixture is warmed through.
- Add coffee, milk and vanilla extract to the saucepan and stir until the latte mixture is hot, but not boiling.
- Whisk whipping cream and confectioner's sugar together with an electric whisk, until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, pour latte into 2 cups, top with whipping cream and sprinkle remaining pumpkin pie spice on top.
- Use plain pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. We are adding in our own sugar and spices.
- Use my pumpkin pie spice recipe, or use a store bought pumpkin pie spice.
- Use any kind of coffee you prefer, or even espresso. If you like a stronger coffee taste, increase the coffee to 1/2 cup and decrease the milk to 1 1/2 cups.
- Homogenized milk gives the best taste, but feel free to use 2%, 1% or even soy milk.
- To make ahead, follow recipe to end of step 2. Allow the latte to sit to room temperature and then store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Warm the latte back up over medium heat until it is hot, but not boiling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g
All nutritional information provided on ninakneadstobake.com are intended for informational purposes only.